2023 is the Year of Others.
If we're going to fulfill our mission of Connecting Christ to Our Community, we need to be saturated in prayer and fasting.
Here are a few Scriptures that show the importance of prayer and fasting:
- "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
- "So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting..."
- The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed... This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh: “...Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence...”
- "While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off."
- "She never left the Temple but stayed there day and night, worshiping God with fasting and prayer."
- "So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer."
- "...that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again..."
1 Corinthians 7:5
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition (fasting), with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."