- Pray for those you invited. Pray for their health, marriage, children—everything!
- Pray for upcoming group meetings.
- Pray during group meetings.
- Pray for group members whether they are present or not.
Invite New People
- Appoint greeters for your group.
- Introduce new group members to everyone.
Start and End on Time
- Honor people’s schedule and time.
- Before your group starts, think through how you would like to use the meeting time.
- You can choose to have a time of connection after your scheduled group time for those who want to stay a bit longer.
Welcome People Warmly
- Keep a watchful eye for people who wander to the corners of the room and stand alone.
- Make sure you have funny or interesting icebreakers. It’s not easy to recover from a bad start.
Create an Atmosphere for God to Move
- Be prepared and expectant. God always shows up to a prepared and expectant atmosphere.
- Believe for God to move during your group meetings.
Minister to Your Group
- Be sensitive to the fact that first-time visitors often come to a meeting with a ministry need.
- Don’t let your schedule inhibit you from the most important part of the meeting: ministering to the people!
- Minister in an orderly way.
- Train the members of your group to minister to others.
Have a Clear Purpose
- Cast vision for the meeting.
- Cast vision for group growth.
- Invite group members to embrace the group vision.
Learn how to build a healthy foundation for members to grow.